Thanksgiving is this week in the US, and as such we at Friends of Comic Con have been counting our blessings, thinking about the things for which we are thankful. Sure, we’re all thankful to be with our families and eating a lot of good food on Thanksgiving Day, but what else makes us thankful? I conducted an informal survey amongst our blog writers and compiled the results.
- We are thankful that Jon Snow is alive.
- We are thankful that there will be a Doctor Who Christmas episode this year (with more new episodes next year).
- We are thankful that there is a new Star Wars movie coming out next month.
- We are thankful that the MCU is still going strong.
- We are thankful for Chris Hardwick and Talking Dead, who helped us get through the traumatizing events of Season 7, Episode 1.
- We are thankful that Ash vs. Evil Dead was renewed for a second season. And a third!
- We are thankful that Supergirl found a new home on the CW.
- We are thankful for every successful lottery pull we managed at cons this year (in particular, DrWho42 was thrilled to successfully pull an autograph ticket for the Walking Dead cast at SDCC, after 4 years of trying).
- We are thankful that we were able to attend SDCC in 2016, and that we all will get to attend more cons in 2017.
On a more serious note, we are all incredibly thankful for the emotional support of our families, who stick with us through good times and bad, even when we make life choices that are not following a more ‘traditional’ path. And we are very grateful for the wonderful friends we have made at Friends of Comic Con, who only make our con experiences more fun and special.
Please join us during this holiday, and tell us what makes you thankful.