Author Topic: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?  (Read 129170 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Walked 3 miles yesterday to start getting ready for July.  I think I'm going to try and walk 3-4 miles every other day.
that sounds great- [member=1987]The Mighty Jerd[/member] said if we're doing an active con- being able to do 3 miles at a shot is a good goal

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline CaseyJones14

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 146
that sounds great- [member=1987]The Mighty Jerd[/member] said if we're doing an active con- being able to do 3 miles at a shot is a good goal

He was hilarious and extremely helpful on the show yesterday.  Loved all the guests and am finally motivated to get off my butt and start working out!
Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
Trouble ahead, trouble behind
And you know that notion just crossed my mind

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
he is great & an asset to those of us who are just trying to get through con in decent form-  ***super*** glad you enjoyed the show & it helped you get motivated.  We're going to be doing a weekly article abt getting ready for the con in which fitness will be a regular topic ;)

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Kmd2103

• Gaming Lounge
  • I don't like...I obsess
  • Liked: 83

This is the beginning runner's plan I did a little over a year ago and it works! I started being unable to run a mile and I have since worked my way up to 8. I like how simple it is and it is easy to adjust for your own personal level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDCC 2013-2018 #gameofthrones #netflixoriginals #sherlocked

Offline The Mighty Jerd

• Exhibit Hall
    • The Jerd
  • Liked: 50
He was hilarious and extremely helpful on the show yesterday.  Loved all the guests and am finally motivated to get off my butt and start working out!

Glad you enjoyed!

I am not terribly active on the forum, I know; but just like Voldemort... if you say my name, I will come.

So if anyone has questions, check out my site, or feel free to ask here. I am more than happy to help!
"Making fitness & healthy lifestyles available to geeks and nerds the world over!"

Website: The Jerd You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Podcast: Geek Fitness Matters You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
I have all this free time at the moment since I am not currently working and yet I still don't have the motivation to workout at all. I say everyday that I need to get back at it, even back when I was working, but only attended the gym a few times. I watched some of the Englishmen talk this past weekend talking getting SDCCFit and with having two trips coming in the next few months, I think it's time to really put forth an effort. I have the means, just need to truly find the motivation. I hope to find it, not just for SDCC but for life in general.
Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
I have all this free time at the moment since I am not currently working and yet I still don't have the motivation to workout at all. I say everyday that I need to get back at it, even back when I was working, but only attended the gym a few times. I watched some of the Englishmen talk this past weekend talking getting SDCCFit and with having two trips coming in the next few months, I think it's time to really put forth an effort. I have the means, just need to truly find the motivation. I hope to find it, not just for SDCC but for life in general.
Start off maybe just doing 10 pushups and 10 situps when you wake-up every morning or before you go to sleep. From there go to 20, 30, etc. Before long you may find the motivation that thus far has been lacking.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline CaseyJones14

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 146
I print out a workout calendar for the week and hang it up by my bed.  I'm an achievement whore in video games and if I've got goals/achievements in real life that are hanging by my bed I have to complete them before I go to sleep!  It's silly, but it works for me :D
Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
Trouble ahead, trouble behind
And you know that notion just crossed my mind

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
two things really helped me as take always from the hangout last weekend;
plan on working out at a regular time each day- <i had been allowing myself to be flexible which meant i'd end up not do it>
no chocolate 

Offline The Mighty Jerd

• Exhibit Hall
    • The Jerd
  • Liked: 50

Motivation is tough...

Here's my advice for a winning motivation plan (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)... and a few more motivational tips (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

Good luck!
"Making fitness & healthy lifestyles available to geeks and nerds the world over!"

Website: The Jerd You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Podcast: Geek Fitness Matters You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
i just have to report a milestone.... for the first time i have officially hit the

'I have lost 50lbs'

point

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
i just have to report a milestone.... for the first time i have officially hit the

'I have lost 50lbs'

point

That's awesome, congratulations!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292

'I have lost 50lbs'

point

Congratulations Alyssa!  This is quite an inspiration.  I have enjoyed reading your story.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Congratulations Alyssa!  This is quite an inspiration.  I have enjoyed reading your story.
thank you, it a marathon taking off that much weight - I've still got another 25 ish to go.  it'll depend on when i hit the lean body under the extra skin.
I hate to push a program- it's so tedious when folks do it but weight watchers is a good long term program - skip the meetings & stick to the smartphone app

Offline AlaskaRainbow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 139
Wow, that is impressive, Alyssa!  Every year I remind myself how much easier the Con would be if I wasn't so heavy but then I don't follow through.  Congrats, Alyssa!